Sunday, March 23, 2014

Lenten Spring Mantle Decor

40 Days-40 Days of Lenten Recipes (and Crafts)

Need to share and send a shout out to two of my favorite blogs!

First let me thank Christina for the sweet Lamb chatterboxes. I made a few of them and put them in a basket in our church narthex for the kids to take home as a family activity. They were snatched up pretty quickly and enjoyed!  If you haven't seen these, so adorable and a great way to open some sweet discussions with the little people.

Now I wish to thank Kristi from I Should Be Mopping the Floor for posting a free Printable.
 It is so pretty and exactly what I wanted for our Lenten Mantle. 
You can see it below. 

Instead of framing it, although it would look very nice this way, I decided to do something else.
I took the 8x10 and had it blown up to 12x16, it didn't cost much as I had a coupon etc... 
Anyway, once I brought it home, used the old modpodge then a little white paint to blend in the edges. The white paper it was on was significantly bluer than my canvas. Go figure?

When I initially put it up it looked lovely but I felt it was still missing something. I played around with the vases and other things on the mantle. Then, I figured out what was missing for me. So, I added the yellow flowers to match the wall color and bring in the daffodils. I tried to match Kristi's pretty flower design. What do you think?
Too much? or Good Match?



Kristi, I just LOVE it!
Thanks!


Here's the full mantle view.
I can't wait for the Forsythia to be in bloom, maybe should get daisies next?



Share the Day

Sharing with






3 comments:

Kristi Dominguez said...

Oh, Eleni! I'm just so honored to be a part of your home decor during such sacred time of the year...it all looks so lovely!! I'm loving the yellow flowers with the print...so pretty!! And love the way you used it on the canvas with the mod podge. Thanks so much for letting me know. I'm super thrilled to see this!! HUGS!

Pres. Eleni said...

Kristi, thank you so much for coming by to share the day! I love your projects and so happy you like how this turned out. The verse is so beautiful and perfect for reminding us on a daily basis on how to spend Lent and everyday, thank you for the inspiration.

Michelle M. said...

That is a beautiful mantel! I finally (I had emailed the link to myself months ago) printed off that printable. :) It is lovely.