Monday, November 26, 2012

Paper Rose Christmas Wreath

Wanted to make a paper rose wreath for our beautiful teen niece.
This isn't it, but it's the starting point.
This wreath was used as a centerpiece for a baptism.
It was made with a wreath form inside.
I then had wrapped different gift-wrap paper from our baby shower inside a layer of tulle. 
Finished it off with blue ribbons and teddy bears. 
Each centerpiece was special.
They were on the tables surrounding hurricane lamps.
It really looked beautiful.  



So I started by deconstructing the centerpiece.
You can see it in the picture below in the back.
I wanted to make paper roses and decided coffee filters were the way to go.
So I searched for some tutorials/patterns.
I found the exactly what I was looking for here


Make and make and make.
Glue and glue and glue.



To finish it, 
added a purple sparkled pointsetta 
and a beautiful matching peacock.


These pictures are with different flash settings, I really like the glow in this one, but the detail of the  flower  and peacock in the one below. Which one do you prefer?


She loved it!



Share the Day!

8 comments:

A Few Pennies said...

Adorable and sweet! Very creative idea; can't wait to see more of your talent on this cute blog! Have a great week. Patty

Angela said...

Wow, stunning! Hard to believe it is made out of coffee filters!

Debbiedoos said...

love this, looks so pretty. I see you joined our Dollar tree party. Thank you.

Pres. Eleni said...

Thanks so glad you like it. Making a few more to add to another wreath but instead of being the bulk of the wreath it will be an accent. Dollar tree party is a great idea!

Pres. Eleni said...

Thank you so much, and so glad you are here!

Pres. Eleni said...

Wow, thanks so much for the sweet comment. Really pleased with the result. Thanks again Angela.

Debbie said...

that is really gorgeous! I have used coffee filters but never made them look as "lush" as you have here. I think the peacock is the perfect touch, too.

Pres. Eleni said...

Thanks. I wanted to make something for her that was uber-elegant. Would you believe the craft store that starts with M, had these and the purple pointsettas! So happy to find them, was thinking would need to glitter it myself.