Monday, March 31, 2014

I can't believe this is Spring?

Had been feeling so optimistic this past weekend about the weather, the garden plans, got to some spring chores.  I was so excited I put up our new feeder. Isn't it pretty? Even made hummingbird syrup for the new feeders.  They are getting closer and thought they might even be here in a few days. Did you know you could track their migration, here.
And then...


This was the scene this morning. 
Seriously? Can you see the lines above that is how hard it was falling and still is.



If only it felt like this?






Share the Day
Sharing with


7 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's a pretty feeder. Thank you for that site. xoxo

Pres. Eleni said...

Thanks, I think so too. It's supposed to be wasp and squirrel proof. If anyone has one, let me know if it truly is?
That site is cool, eh?

Donna said...

We're in New England and typically don't get our first hummingbirds until early May. How wonderful to get them so area where you live!

Pres. Eleni said...

We have been blessed to see them as early as second week of April and I know folks in Rhode Is see them in April too. I think this year my wish for them to be here is overshadowing their realistic arrival.lol

Anonymous said...

I love the arrival of hummingbirds and can't wait for their return. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Candy S said...

It is always a good day when the hummingbirds come home. Each year we have several hummingbird families and we are so sad when the leave in the late Summer. They will be arriving back home to their birth place (in my yard) in about four more weeks. I always celebrate. I watch the migration maps with great interest. Last year they came home earlier than usual, I expect that will not be the case this year. The new migration map will post on Thursday and I will get a better idea how far they have progressed in their migration.

Candy S said...

I tried to join your blog as a follower but for some reason I was not able. So I did a Google plus circle thing instead... Candy