Thursday, December 5, 2013

Icon Button Magnets

Need a gift for a large group of people?
Or just something sweet and new for your own use?
How about button magnets?
I have done these for years...

These were done with icons, but have used favorite pictures and school logos also.



All you need to make are:

1/2 inch to 1 inch pictures (made mine on computer and shrunk to size)
E-6000 glue, (very smelly, don't do when the kids are up)
Magnets for base (whatever you have coupons for and are on sale)
Glass buttons (use the ones from craft store meant to stabilize flowers)

For the glass buttons, watch for ones that have too many lines inside,
 as they will affect viewing your picture.

When giving them I love to put them in decorated tins.
You know the ones I mean.

4 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Those are so pretty! We use to have a printer and I would print tiny little pictures for a history time line, so I know how good they can come out. What a clever idea to put them under glass with a magnet. If I had a printer I would do this project. A little bigger. or though the right size for a mini tree, I would make ornaments.

Matushka Anna said...

I love the one you made me! It's on the fridge and I think of you whenever I see it. :)

Emily H. said...

What a neat ( and very pretty) idea!

Wilhemina Omari said...

I love Orthodoxy