Sunday, April 14, 2013

40 Days-40 Lenten Recipes #28 Orange-Garlic Quinoa Salad

We have a friend who visited recently and asked me how to make this Orange-Quinoa Salad.  I had made it the last time we had a visit, on the fly, wishing to offer something, other than the fruit on the table that was gluten-free.  I promised I would try to recreate it and here is the closest I can remember?

Orange-Garlic Quinoa Salad

1 package Garlic Quinoa
1/4 cup black raisins
1/2 cup mandarin oranges or regular oranges cut small
1 tsp honey
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 small apple, diced
1 small scallion, diced
1/4 c  sliced almonds
2 T fresh basil, chopped
1 dash each of cumin and ground ginger




Make quinoa per package instructions. Add to quinoa, and mix in raisins, oranges, apple, scallion, almonds, and basil. In a separate bowl, mix cider vinegar, oil, and cumin. Add and gently fold mixture into salad. Serve warm or cold.




In hopes of recreating I think this is close?
If this isn't it, what do you think anyway?
Do I have a hit?
I really need to keep a pad of paper next to me in the kitchen.


Share the Day!




1 comment:

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Oh my gosh that recipe looks great....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com