Thursday, September 6, 2012

Want a new look for a Mat?

I had a picture frame and a nice picture, but no mat.  I wanted a textured look to coordinate with another picture in the same area.  I'm not trying to be matchy-matchy but I like to coordinate. I have also been very attracted lately to burlap and things with texture.  I had some leftover burlap and another bit of fabric which is more linen-like, and chose the latter.


You can cut a mat from a cereal box or buy one.



Have some glue on hand, by the way I like Elmer's and am not a paid advertiser. 



I cut the material and then cut a coordinating square in the center, making four slits in corners. Spray the mat with glue and place the mat onto the fabric. Then fold the center onto sides after running glue stick.



Here's what it look likes.



To fold over corners, then cut a small square off, which will help it fold flatter.



Once dry, place in frame and place your picture
and you are finished.
A new look without huge time or cost.






Share the Day!
Link Parties will be attending on herehere , here and here.

BTW-After I lived with it, this happened.

4 comments:

Matushka Anna said...

Good idea!

Pres. Eleni said...

Thanks.

Julie Baswell said...

I like that idea. I can't tell by the picture and thought it was just a regular mat. This would be good for coordinating several pics. I'm a new follower from the DO blog hop. Julie at http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com.

Pres. Eleni said...

Hi Julie, it would be great for coordinating different frames with same type of fabric or coordinating fabrics. Sorry about the picture quality...if you look at next post you see what I did with it, like it much better now. Plus get to enjoy the texture more. Thanks for sharing and will pop over to your purty thangs soon.