Saturday, May 3, 2014

Keeping track of your garden



I am continuing my garden journal this year but adding to it.  Last year I did this schematic to help me remember where and what was planted in the rock garden. You may remember we decided to triple it's size last year and so added quite a few more perennials ,after amending the soil.



This year the journal is going to have dates of blooms and progress of the flowers with photos. I'm keeping a journal on the computer but am also printing out pages and adding to a three ring binder so I can also keep seed packet info, add drawings/notes and take it out to the garden with me. I'm pretty pleased with myself on this one.

Let's see how I do this season?
What's your plan? Do you keep a garden journal?

Share the Day.





Sharing with
Stone Gable
French Country Cottage
Be Different Act Normal
BoogieBoardCottage
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Dedicated House
Savvy Southern Style

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

You are so organized!

Pres. Eleni said...

Ha! You're sweet. It's more about being a novice and if I'm not careful I pluck things out while weeding, then wonder where they went?