Tuesday, April 8, 2014

5 More Ways to Enjoy Olives

40 Days-40 Lenten Recipes
Olive Spread with Toasted Pita Chips

Are you tired of Olives yet? Me neither.

This is another super-easy but super satisfying appetizer and/or snack.  I have not made my own pita shells but there are plenty of people who have, go check out my Pinterest, I have pinned some. One day I'll get to it. But for now, well have to be OK with store-bought.  I like the thicker variety, so not the pockets.  I cut them, brush them with a little olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt, Mediterranean, of course. Bake them for 10 minutes in an oven 350 degrees. Take them out and enjoy!

Now for the olive spread.  Get out your handy-dandy food processor. Seriously, I truly don't know how I used only a blender this whole time?  Place 1-2 cups of pitted Kalamata olives and a little (2 T) olive oil and blend.  If you like to make a more sophisticated olive tapanade, add some capers, squeeze of lemon juice and a little fresh basil.  

You know I love these flavors, you have seen it in recipes here and here.

Here are some more ways to use and enjoy olives.
How do you like them?














Yum, Yum, Yummy.

Share the Day

No comments: