Saturday, October 5, 2013

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels



Ham and cheese, rethought?

Ok, who doesn't love ham and cheese. In sandwiches? On rolls? As an omelette?
I've bought these roll-ups before at the big box frozen section. I decided how hard can it be to make them.  The fall breakfast table needed some more protein. What could be more perfect.  These were it! 

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

You will need:
4 TBSP cream cheese
4 TBSP mayo
2 tsp each of garlic powder, oregano, dried basil and mustard
1 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper or hot sauce (it's good without the heat, but better with it)

1 cup grated cheese (of choice, I like mexican)
4 flour tortillas
8 slices thin of ham (your choice)






Mix the cream cheese, mayo, and herbs together, then add cheese. Spread the filling thinly over the tortillas and lay the ham slices over top and begin to roll them. Roll them as tightly as possible. Cut them into 1/2 inch slices. You can make these ahead and slice them right before serving.  I stored mine overnight wrapped in plastic food wrap and sliced at the event.


They are yummy and super easy.
Use them for breakfast, in lunch-boxes or a snack during the game.



Share the Day.





5 comments:

CDA said...

Yum. Thanks for the recipe!!!! I love rollups like this for parties and buffets. I have to share that, in my family, a ham & cheese rollup is a little different! Spread softened cream cheese on a thick slice of deli ham, put a row of pimento olives and roll them up. Chill them and then cut into pinwheels and put on crackers. Great for the Christmas Day table because they are "red" and green!

Pres. Eleni said...

Brilliant!!! I love that! Thanks for commenting and stopping by to share the day!

Anonymous said...

They look yummy and great for the lunch-box, as you said. Thank you for sharing the idea!

Jennie said...

These look so good I am going to have to try them soon
I have a giveaway going on and today is the last day to enter, would love for you to check it out!
http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/2013/10/sponsorship-giveaway.html

Unknown said...

I remember having these roll ups at work parties. I just love them. I think I will make some for my daughter's lunch - she would really enjoy them. Thanks so much for linking this to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I look forward to seeing you next week!