Wednesday, July 17, 2013

How does your garden grow?

Well, mine is not doing so well, between the bunnies, squirrels and chipmunks eating everything in sight, (sigh). Then we have the earwigs, the mosquitos out in full force and other such creatures to contend with, (more sighing), then the incredible heat-waves that are like waves that keep slamming us and the endless humidity, which is almost the same during the night.  I actually enjoy this part somewhat, after-all,  it is July and we are blessed to have air-conditioning. 
A prayer goes out for all those without it.

I recently visited my folks (further North) and had to run out to the car during the night, even though the weather was the same during the day, I had forgotten how cool and sweet the night air of my childhood was. It felt good. I miss those simple times, I miss many things about that time. 

I also missed posting on Monday, you will see one of my favorite gardens this upcoming Monday. It is a neighbor and I am not the only one who stops and takes pictures of their yard. So beautiful.

Meanwhile, back to battle of the weeds. (sigh)


Share the Day.


No comments: