Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Painted Chairs

Many years ago, I did a LOT of furniture painting.
I even bardered with it.
These were on my parents screened porch and when I moved out, 
I took them with me.



I wanted an eclectic look and so as you can see, sponged coordinating colors on the back, 
and made a checkerboard type pattern using painters tape on the seat.






Here it is with the table, painted candlesticks and a Mexican rug, that I also had nabbed.
This table set was the place of fun weekend card games, 
brunches, dinners and talks on the screened porch, with my folks. 
Remembering so many good times at this table.
I no longer have the table or the chairs, and as I type I am wondering where the rug is?
I still love it.
The furniture is gone, the memories remain.
What summer memories does this spark for you?
Share the Day.

No comments: