Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thinking about Window boxes...Christmas


You know how I feel about my window boxes. I have been intensely wanting them to look beautiful and plentiful for the holidays. The last couple years I tried big ornaments and Christmas birdhouses etc. Nothing seemed right. Until this year...


This year I got clever, it takes me awhile. Garlands and fresh greenery were so expensive at the nursery. I looked at the prices and was appalled. Then my thoughts drifted to the our own trees and bushes in the back. "DUH!" How did it take me so long...? So I went and started trimming...see the results. Did I get carried away after I finished the boxes?




The blue sedum has grown and is still in there. I managed to change things over the week of Thanksgiving and it has held up pretty well. So pleased with it.







 It cost less than five dollars for the poinsettia flower and another five for the bows. Other poinsettias and duck were already here. The little duck actually was a great yard sale item.





Definitely doing this every year!
LOVING the look!
Has anything taken you by surprise and was right under your nose?
Share the Day!






4 comments:

Carla from The River said...

Beautiful!!
Happy New Year!
Carla

Pres. Eleni said...

Thanks Carla, Happy New Year too! CONGRATS on the calendar :))

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Beautiful box! xoox

Emily H. said...

That's a very good idea. Greenery in the stores is too expensive, especially if you have access to some in your own yard!